The KdV Institute for Mathematics of the University of Amsterdam offers two Ph.D. positions in Dynamical Systems and Complex Analysis at the University of Amsterdam.
Looking for candidates with a MSc degree in Mathematics. A strong background in analysis, and in particular in dynamical systems and/or complex analysis, is a plus.
The official advertisement can be found here:
The positions are for 4 years and should lead to a Ph.D. thesis.
They should start no later than 1 September 2016 for project I and no later than 1 August 2016 for project II.
The application deadline for these positions is 31 March 2016.
For additional information please contact prof. dr. Ale Jan Homburg
([email protected]) or dr. Han Peters ([email protected])
In the framework of the initiative funded by “la Caixa” Foundation, BCAM – Basque Center for Applied Mathematics, as a Severo Ochoa research Centre has opened an international call for researchers, offering three-positions for PhD Fellowships in the center Research Lines:
- CFD-CT (supervisor: Johan Jansson)
- RFES (supervisor: David Pardo)
- FM (supervisor: Carlos Pérez)
- SP (supervisor: Gianni Pagnini)
- ML (supervisor: Jose Antonio Lozano)
For further information visit the website: http://www.bcamath.org/en/research/lines
Applications must be submitted on-line at:
Deadline for submission: March 30th 2016 17:00 h (CET)
The characteristics of the grants are the following:
- Duration: 4 years or PhD thesis presentation (the contract must have an initial duration of one year and be renewed yearly).
- Gross Salary: 18.546,56 EUR (1st year), 19.303,60 EUR (2nd year), 20.666,16 EUR (3rd year), 22.558,67 EUR (4th year).
- Tuition fees, travel…: 1.500 EUR per year (1st & 2nd year), 1.700 EUR per year (3rd & 4th year).
- These grants could not be got by students, researchers or PhD that have had a scientific relationship with the center longer than 6 months in a row before the deadline of the call.
- These grants could not be got by somebody who has previously obtained a “La Caixa” grant.
- It would be desirable that studies are completed no more than two years ago.
The timeline should be the following:
- The call deadline is on March 30th 2016 at 17:00 h.
- The Committee will communicate the candidates selection before the end of May 2016.
- The candidates should join the center in September/October 2016.
3-year post-doctoral research associate position in ergodic theory and dynamical systems at Loughborough University, UK:
Deadline to apply: 13 January 2016
(Skype) Interviews: 26 January 2016
Start date: 1 May 2016
The Scuola Normale Superiore announces a selection for 4 post-doc research positions named “Junior Visiting Positions”. The positions will be in the following subject matters:
– Position n.1: Algebraic Geometry and Number Theory;
– Position n.2: Topology, Differential Geometry and Geometric Analysis;
– Position n.3: Partial Differential Equations and Probability;
– Position n.4: Dynamical Systems and Information Theory, as part of the research project “Dynamics and Information Theory Research Institute” (Convenzione 2014 Scuola – Unicredit S.p.a.)
Duration of contracts: 2 years for each contract (estimated starting: October 2016).
Application deadline: 11th January 2016.
Funded Ph.D. studentship with Dalia Terhesiu at the University of Exeter:
Deadline for application: 17th January 2016