This is to announce that applications to the Fondazione CIME school “Modern Aspects of Dynamical Systems”, first announced here and rescheduled to 2-6 August 2021, are now open until May 31, 2021.
Please be aware that, based on the epidemic situation, it is yet to be confirmed that the school will take place and in which form.
For all information on the courses of the school, news about the schedule, and how to apply, visit the website http://web.math.unifi.it/users/cime/
Please notice that those who have already applied last year should apply again. Applications from last year have been canceled.
GSSI (L’Aquila, Italy) announces two postdoc positions for one or more of the following profiles: Numerical methods for Partial differential equations and Dynamical systems, Numerical linear algebra, Mathematical models in Fluid dynamics and Biology, Partial Differential Equations in Mathematical Physics, Models of collective behavior, dynamics on networks. Stochastic differential equations, stochastic methods in statistical mechanics, hydrodynamic limits. Computational methods in seismology with experience in HPC. Mathematical methods for quantum computing, mathematics in quantum cryptography.
Annual gross salary: € 36.000,00.
The duration of the appointment is 24 months.
Those who received their PhD prior to January 1, 2019 cannot participate in the Mathematics selection process.
The application must include the following documents:
– a curriculum vitae, including the complete list of publications;
– a research statement;
– up to three selected publications which will be evaluated individually. The PhD thesis can be included, because it is considered a publication;
– a valid ID document.
The candidate can also suggest the names of up to two external referees who will be contacted by GSSI for the submission of a reference letter once the application has been submitted.
Applications are sent exclusively via the online application form at: https://applications.gssi.it/postdoc.
Deadline for application: March 18, 2021 – 5 p.m. (Italian time).
For additional information please contact [email protected].
The organizers of the Dynamical Systems Thematic Session of the International Congress on Mathematical Physics (2-7 August 2021, Geneva) especially invite young researchers to apply for a contributed talk and/or a poster in the session.
Application form: https://www.icmp2021.com/financial-support-2/
Deadline: 8 March 2021
Université Côte d’Azur in Nice (France) advertises several postdoc positions for young researchers, in the framework of the program: ‘‘AIDES INDIVIDUELLES JEUNES CHERCHEURS 2021″
For more information: https://univ-cotedazur.fr/medias/fichier/aap-post-doc-ucajedi-2021_1612864265768-pdf
The Faculty of Mathematics (FM) of the Higher School of Economics (HSE University), Moscow, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in Mathematics and Mathematical Physics. Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity to renew their contract (no more than twice).
The position involves:
• joining one of our research groups within the FM in performing high-quality research – every successful candidate will be offered a position in the FM;
• pursuing independent research in Mathematics or Mathematical Physics in parallel with working on joint projects of the FM;
• writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals;
• participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the development of Moscow mathematics;
• public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community;
• some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Requirements: The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
• Candidates must hold a recent PhD (or equivalent, including Russian Candidate of Science degree) in the field of Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
• Candidates should have a strong background in and an established research record in Mathematics or Mathematical Physics; ability to work in a team;
• Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required.
Deadline for application: February 9, 2021
All info at: https://math.hse.ru/mirror/pubs/share/428424926.pdf