The Faculty of Mathematics (FM) of the Higher School of Economics (HSE University), Moscow, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in Mathematics and Mathematical Physics. Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity to renew their contract (no more than twice).
The position involves:
• joining one of our research groups within the FM in performing high-quality research – every successful candidate will be offered a position in the FM;
• pursuing independent research in Mathematics or Mathematical Physics in parallel with working on joint projects of the FM;
• writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals;
• participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the development of Moscow mathematics;
• public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community;
• some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Requirements: The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
• Candidates must hold a recent PhD (or equivalent, including Russian Candidate of Science degree) in the field of Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
• Candidates should have a strong background in and an established research record in Mathematics or Mathematical Physics; ability to work in a team;
• Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required.
Deadline for application: February 9, 2021
All info at: https://math.hse.ru/mirror/pubs/share/428424926.pdf
A new PhD position call has been advertised as part of Marcello Seri’s grant on spectral aspects of magnetic fields via sub-Riemannian geometry at the University of Groningen (Netherlands).
See https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/work-with-us/job-opportunities/?details=00347-02S00080XP for the application and for more information. The lecture by Marcello Seri at the Dutch Differential Topology & Geometry online seminar can provide additional context to the interested applicants: https://www.few.vu.nl/~trt800/ddtg.html.
Deadline: February 28, intended starting date May 1. (Students who will obtain their Master degree in the summer are welcome to apply.)
The Mathematical Institute of the Faculty of Science, Leiden University, is looking for
15 PhD candidates and postdocs in Mathematics
Project description: The Mathematical Institute of Leiden University invites applicants for a PhD or postdoc position in any of the research areas of the institute, which are Algebra, Geometry and Number Theory; Analysis and Dynamical Systems; Probability Theory; and Statistics. Contacting supervisors within the MI before applying is encouraged. The position comes with some light teaching duties.
Deadline for application: 31 January 2021
All info at: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/vacancies/2020/q4/20-572-phd-candidates-and-postdocs
The Department of Mathematics of Sapienza Università di Roma has opened calls for a 1-year postdoctoral position and two 2-year postdoctoral positions, in all areas of Mathematics. The candidates must submit their own research projects.
Deadline: January 20, 2021
Formal announcements and info (in Italian) about the positions and application procedure are found here:
1-year position: https://web.uniroma1.it/trasparenza/dettaglio_bando_albo/168016
2-year positions: https://web.uniroma1.it/trasparenza/dettaglio_bando_albo/168015
An unofficial guide in English through the application procedure for the 2-year positions is available at: https://sites.google.com/uniroma1.it/istruzioni-inglese-bando8-2020/guidetoapply.
The German Research Foundation has granted the funding of a Collaborative Research Centre / Transregio (CRC/TRR 191) on Symplectic Structures in Geometry, Algebra and Dynamics. This CRC is based at the universities of Bochum, Cologne and Heidelberg, and it includes mathematicians from Aachen University.
Within this CRC, 17 individual projects will be funded. The funding comprises: 12 full-time postdoctoral positions (pd) and 24 positions for doctoral students (ds).
Currently we have openings for 4 postdoctoral positions (pd) and 12 positions for doctoral students (ds). Payment is based on the German TVL-13 scale if terms and conditions under collective bargaining laws are fulfilled; Ph.D. students will be given 75% positions.
All candidates should specify the project(s) to which they apply.
For more information on the positions and the application: