A postdoctoral position is available within the ANR project COSY: “New challenges in contact and symplectic topology”.
This is a research-only appointment (without teaching) for two years starting in October 2022. The salary will be 2000 euros per month and up depending on experience, with benefits including health insurance and social coverage. Funds will also be provided for traveling and inviting collaborators.
The successful candidate will be expected to interact with some researchers in contact and symplectic topology from the poles of the project:
- Université Paris-Saclay (Orsay) and Université de Strasbourg
- Sorbonne Université and Ecole Normale Supérieure (Paris)
- Université de Lyon 1 and Université Grenoble-Alpes
- Université de Nantes and Université de Toulouse 3
For this reason, the scientific project should explain how the applicant plans to integrate one or two institutions from the above list; to this end, applicants are invited to contact directly the members with whom they want to interact.
Applications are welcome in all themes of contact and symplectic topology. The scientific projects are expected to emphasize the connections with the two broad themes of COSY: Lefschetz fibrations and open book decompositions, and persistent homology.
Eligibility: For holders of a Ph.D in Mathematics obtained before October 1st, 2022.
Deadline: Applications must be complete (including all reference letters) by February 1st, 2022.
- a curriculum vitae;
- a list of publications;
- a scientific project (max. 4 pages) specifying members of COSY with whom the applicant plans to interact primarily, as well as the envisioned location(s) for the postdoctoral contract;
- three detailed recommendation letters submitted directly by the referees.